Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Mardi Gras Nails!

Today is Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday; here are the Mardi Gras nails I'm wearing today!  


Started with a base of two coats of CND Bicycle with accent nails of one coat each of CND Green Scene and Butter London Bramble.  Shown with no topcoat. 


I thought I'd do a radial gradient using the same polishes but it wasn't very successful!  I think I blended too much, then just had navy nails.  I sponged in some more yellow at the end to at least have a lighter colour (not that it would matter once the decals were applied but I didn't know this at the time).  (I had applied GB Border Patrol and it snapped up on the ring finger which is the blob you see on it; I tried to remove it with tape but it was a no go.  I figured it wouldn't matter because of the decal that was going to be applied but not the best for pix.)


Stamped the thumb with MoYou Purple Rain and the pinky with MdU 11 using Chez Divers 004 then top coated all with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC before stamping. 


Made stamper decals using combination of polishes and acrylic paints.  This image is from Chez Fete 003.

Another stamper decal from MJ XXXVIII.  I might have to use one of the harder clear stampers for making decals to see how accurate I end up making them.  Even though I used the finest brush I had, I'm still way outside the lines on these.  

Applied the stampers decals from Chez Fete 003 (middle and index) and MJ XXXVIII (ring) then top coated all with Girly Bits What A Rush QD TC.


Added image to the thumb using Chez Fete 003 using MdU 11.  


Have a good one if you are celebrating!

Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. I like this a lot, gradient and all! I'm not sure if changing to a firmer Stamper would help because it seems like your being hard on yourself with the coloring in part. Your stamps are fine. I have the same problem even when I use the tiniest detail brush. Here's what I do. I tc the image then color in with a small dotting tool. Yeah, it takes longer, but that's what helps me stay in the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great for Mardi Gras! Don't be too hard on yourself girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!