Monday, December 11, 2017

Digit-al Dozen Does My Home: Day 1


It's Digit-al Dozen week and our theme this month is my home!  But before we get to the nails, the Digit-al Dozen has some exciting news to share as we have added new members who are uber talented and they will be starting to share their mani's either this month or in January 2018!  Welcome Tiffany from Polish and Paws, Kim from Kimmett Kolor, Brethil from Druid Nails, Courtney from Polished Lifting, Michelle from Lacquer or Leave Her, Kirsty from Fairy Tales Nails!  Please watch out for the ladies mani's and be sure to check out their blogs....if you aren't already following them already which you probably are!

Here's my day 1 nails!  Home is Canada and (sorry to my other international nail pals) but I live in the best country in the world (although I have a feeling everyone will think the same for their home country lol)!  It's no secret I'm a proud Canadian and there is no better feeling when you've been traveling to get back 'home' to Canada!  As winter is upon us here in Canada, I've done a winter snow mani with hidden Canadian additions to tie it into the theme!  Here's what I came up with!


Started with a base of red and white skittles (the official colours of Canada!) using OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Duri Taming of the Shrew.  Both are two coats with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top.


Stamped using images from Delaney Hiver A002 (middle), SugarBubbles SBS 08 (pinky and ring) and Delaney Hiver A001 (thumb and index).  Used Konad red and FunkyFingers Gesso for stamping polishes.


Delaney Hiver A002




Topped with KBShimmer Clearly on Top to finish.  (Did you see the red maple leafs on the pinky and thumb?  Stamped from CJS LC-08.)


Here's the other ladies Day 1 mani's!



Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I like your description of "coming home" to familiar and loved country. And - the sneaky maple leaf additions are perfect!

    Also - a big Thank You for the warm welcome. I'll be starting with the DD fun next month. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mani, and I love the addition of the maple leafs ;-) I also think Canada is pretty awesome, and not just because most of my family lineage is French-Canadian. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!