Wednesday, November 28, 2012

AIS Challenge-Stamping Over Blue Base

This weeks FB Adventures in Stamping Challenge was stamping over a blue base.  This is what I came up with for the challenge!


Started with skittles of blue polishes; polishes starting at the thumb and going clockwise are Essie Borrowed & Blue, Sation Bord Girl Blue, Sation Blue Sky's The Limit, Ulta Soho Blue and Duri Blueberry Daiquiri; all two coats.


Added a layer of Pretty & Polished Save the Date.


Stamped using SdP 84 for the single snowflakes on index and ring and Big SdP K on other fingers using white Konad special polish.


I wore this polish for a couple days but just before I took it off, topped with a coat of Essie Matte About You. (Unfortunately, the cold weather is really taking a beating on my skin and despite my best efforts, my skin and cuticles are just so dry so I'm sorry you have to see this in micro!)


Most pix I took of this mani, the thumb image didn't show up a whole lot even though it was pretty obvious IRL.  So I took a close up of the thumb; this pix was after mattifying it.


If you haven't had a chance yet to vote over at Nail Polish Canada's current contest, this weeks challenge theme was can see my entry and others here; please take a few minutes to vote if you haven't already at voting ends today! 

This was my entry......but please vote for your favourite!


Thanks for looking!


  1. omg! that stamp is gorgeous! pretty mani!

  2. OMG I adore both of these! I have been wanting to do some snowflake stamping over blue and yours is just fantastic.

  3. I love this design so much!

  4. The icy blue snowflakes are wonderful!

  5. This is gorgeous! I love the thumb the best!


Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! I do appreciate it and read every one. Please note that comments that contain any links or spam that I deem inappropriate to the post will be deleted. My email is mrsrexy at gmail dot com if you need to reach me. Thanks!